Parsley and Peppercorn Potatoes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 6large red potatoes
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1stick unsalted butter
- 1/2teaspoon cracked black peppercorn pepper
- 1/2cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- Scrub potatoes and poke holes in various places on each potato with a fork. Put potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water, add one teaspoon salt and boil gently until tender, about 30 minutes after coming to a boil.
- While potatoes are boiling; melt butter with pepper, parsley, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan and simmer on lowest heat for 2 minutes. Turn heat off.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from heat and drain. Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl, and using a fork, break each potato into several peices. Drizzle seasoned butter over potatoes and toss. Add more salt and pepper to your taste. Serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Just for Mom’s Foundations’ Down Home Delicious (Peggy Touchtone Sholly, 2007).