Parmesan Rosemary Popovers
- Yield 8 pieces
A wonderful appetizer or snack.
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 -- eggs
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Spray popover pans or large muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Combine the milk, butter, flour, salt, pepper, rosemary and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl and mix just until smooth. Stir in the eggs one at a time; do not overmix.
- Fill the popover pans 3/4 full. Bake at 450F for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F; do not open the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sides are golden brown and firm. (Remove 1 popover to test for doneness.) Insert a sharp knife gently into each popover to allow steam to escape. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes from the Black Forest Inn’s Black Hills Treasures (Black Forest Inn, Rapid City, South Dakota, 2002).