Parmesan Romano Stuffed Artichokes
- Yield 2 servings
These artichokes are stuffed with a delicious cheesy mixture.
- 2 -- trimmed and cooked artichokes, left whole
- 1/2 cup unseasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 -- fresh basil leaves, minced
- -- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place artichokes upright in a nonreactive baking pan just large enough to hold them. Gently open up leaves a bit, loosening them far enough to stuff. Combine remaining ingredients. With a spoon, place stuffing between layers of leaves. Use half the stuffing for each artichoke. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes until golden brown and warm inside.