Parmesan Chicken Corn Noodle Casserole
- Yield: 8 - 10 servings
- 4cups Chicken or Turkey, cooked and diced
- 4cups Dried noodles of your choice (bow tie works well!)
- 15ounces Corn, frozen or canned
- 15ounces Corn, cream style
- 2cups Carrots, diced, fresh or frozen, but thawed or cooked 'til tender
- 3tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1medium Onion, diced (approx. 1 cup)
- 1stalk Celery, diced ( approx. 1/2 cup)
- 1clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4cup Flour
- 2 1/2cups Milk
- 1cup Sour Cream
- 1cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1cup Chicken broth
- 1tablespoon Sage, chopped fine
- 1tablespoon Thyme, chopped fine
- 2tablespoons Parsley, chopped fine
- 1dash Salt, to taste
- 1dash Pepper, to taste
- 2cups Bread crumbs or diced bread
- 4tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1dash seasonings to taste
Cook dried pasta in appropriate amount of water until tender, turn off heat and let stand. If you’re using frozen corn and/or carrots, you can drop them in this pot to thaw. I like to let the pasta absorb a little more liquid before draining. If you drain it immediately, it will then absorb too much of your sauce while heating and the casserole will be drier than it should be.
While pasta is cooking, using a 4 quart pot, start the sauce by melting the butter, then sauté onions and celery until tender; add the minced garlic and sauté another minute.
Add the flour to this mixture, and stir well; then add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Bring sauce to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
Turn off heat, add herbs, salt and pepper, corn, creamed corn, sour cream, chicken broth, Parmesan, chicken and noodles. Mix until well combined.
Pour casserole mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole pan.
- In a bowl, pour the melted butter over the bread crumbs and mix well. Spread the bread crumbs evenly over the casserole.
- Cover with foil or a lid and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbling, remove the lid and bake another 10 minutes.