- Yield 2 to 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- King's Croutons:
- 2 -- 1/2-inch thick center slices King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- -- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 -- (5 oz.) bag spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup red onion strips, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges, chopped mango, orange slices or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup King's croutons
- 8 ounces cooked chicken or shrimp, optional
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, optional
Preparation King's Croutons
- Brush both sides of bread with oil. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place on baking pan with lip.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven, 10-12 minutes, stirring once, until golden.
- Cool; store in airtight container. Makes 2-3 cups.
Salad and Dressing
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients for dressing.
- Pour over salad greens and half of onion, fruit, 1 cup of croutons and almonds (if desired). Toss.
- Place on serving plates.
- If desired, arrange chicken or shrimp on top. Garnish with remaining ingredients & serve.