Breaded Chicken with Guacamole
- Yield servings
- For chicken tenders:
- 6 -- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon of horseradish
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 -- eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- For guacamole:
- 6 -- ripe average sized avocadoes
- 7 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt (or to taste)
- For tomato salad:
- 24 -- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame seed oil (or to taste)
Cut chicken in half along the length, place them in about 5-quart pan of cold water, add 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and boil on medium/low heat for about 1 hour. Remove from the heat and shred the chicken using fork and knife in about 2 inch long strings. Mix in 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 tablespoon of horseradish, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Mash the mass with your fork to make it homogeneous. Set aside. Take two shallow plates: in the first one spread 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, in the second one beat 3 eggs. Form long finger-like cutlets out of the chicken mass, 4 inches long, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Heat the pan on medium-high, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Dip each chicken finger in eggs, coat in panko bread crumbs, and put on the shallow pan. Turn the chicken finger on the pan as it gets golden – no more than 2-3 min per side – you will likely to have a 3 sided finger, not a perfect round cut one. Arrange chicken fingers, guacamole, and tomato salad on the plate and serve. Makes 4 servings (about 5 fingers per serving).
Dice and hand-mash 6 avocadoes. Add 7 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt.
Cut tomatoes in halves, put in a large dish bowl, add lemon, sea salt, olive oil, and sesame seed oil. Mix the salad.