Panko Chicken Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 -- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -- eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoon water
- 3 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Caramelized fruit
- 2 -- firm plums, cut pitted into 6 wedges
- 2 -- firm peaches, cut pitted into 6 wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Balsamic dressing
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. In deep dish, place eggs and stir in water. In another dish, place panko. Dredge each chicken breast in egg wash, let excess drip off and then place in panko. Coat both sides of chicken with panko and press so panko adheres. In sauté pan over medium high heat, place butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices. On each of 4 serving plates, place arugula and top with chicken. Add Caramelized Fruit and feta cheese. Drizzle with Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing.
- Caramelized Fruit: Cut 2 firm plums and 2 firm peaches into halves to remove pits.* Cut pitted fruit into 6 wedges. In saucepan over medium heat, place 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add fruit and cook 4 minutes on each side, just until fruit starts to turn brown and caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pomegranate Balsamic Dressing: In small saucepan over medium heat, place 3/4 cup pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar. Cook about 20 minutes, stirring often, until syrupy. Stir in 2 tablespoons honey and 3 tablespoons orange juice and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil.
*If fresh fruit is unavailable, frozen may be used.