Paneed Crab Cakes
- Yield 10 servings
These crab cakes have a lot of flavor and texture.
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- -- Butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 -- eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound lump crab meat, shells removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Saute the bell pepper and onion in butter in a saute pan until tender. Let stand until cool. Combine the bell pepper mixture, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, eggs, Old Bay sesoning and salt in a bowl and mix well. Fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps. Shape into ten 2-ounce cakes and dust lightly with the flour. Saute the crab cakes in butter in a saute pan over medium gas heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Alphonse Lucier IV, Pensacola Yacht Club. Recipe reprinted with permission from Energy Services of Pensacola’s Fiesta Seafood Cookbook: A Taste of Pensacola (Energy Services of Pensacola, Florida, 2009).