Pancetta Quinoa with Almonds
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1/3cup Toasted sliced almonds
- 5ounces diced pancetta
- 1medium shallot, minced
- 1head roasted garlic, pulp squeezed out
- 1/2cup sliced green onions
- 2tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2cups chicken stock
- In a medium saucepan, brown the diced pancetta. Add the shallots and cook until softened but not brown. Add the roasted garlic and stir to combine. Stir in the stock; bring to boil and simmer covered until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and toss to combine the toasted almonds, green onions and parsley into the quinoa. Salt and pepper, to taste.