Pan-Tossed Spring Paella
- Yield 6 servings
Rice and veggies star in this meatless paella.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 cups raw basmati rice
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (or) 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup roasted, jarred red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup frozen endamame (soy beans)
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof, non-stick pan over medium heat; saute onion, celery and oregano for 4 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add rice and saffron, continue to saute for 3 minutes until rice iscoated. Add water or vegetable broth and all remaining ingredients except peas. Cover tightly and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through. Add peas.