Pan Seared Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- Yield 8 servings
A perfect side dish for the holiday table.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 pints Brussel sprouts, bottoms trimmed and heads sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (Granny Smith or gala apples, recommended)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the butter begins to brown. Add the Brussels sprouts and apples.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over high heat 4 to 5 minutes until sprouts are just tender to the bite. Add the honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Note: You can slice the Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with a 1/4-inch-thick slicing blade.