Pan Sauteed Mushrooms
- Yield 4 servings
A quick-and-easy mushroom sautéed that becomes a main dish when served over couscous or angel hair pasta.
If you can find oyster or enoki mushrooms, add a handful to this recipe. For a rich, slightly decadent version, add 1/4 cup of cream when adding the mushrooms.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large portobello mushroom, diced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute 1 minute. Add all mushrooms and saute 2 to 3 minutes until mushrooms soften. Add tarragon and chives, season with salt and pepper.