- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
Everyone loves lasagna, but making it is a bit of a production. In this recipe, ingredients are layered in a baking dish for an easy weeknight meal that is truly special.
- Cooking spray
- 1 jar (24-ounce) tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2pound part skim-milk ricotta cheese or firm water-packed tofu, crumbled
- 1pound ziti pasta, cooked all dente, rinsed and drained
- 2packages (10-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 8ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/3 of the pasta sauce with ricotta cheese. Stir well.
- Pour half of the remaining sauce into baking pan. Scatter about half the pasta over sauce. Spoon ricotta mixture over it; scatter spinach over top. Add remaining pasta and sauce. Top with cheeses.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted, golden brown and bubbly. Serve at once, spooning out of the pan (don’t attempt neat squares, as with regular lasagna).
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon