Pan Roasted Chicken with Spiced Honey
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2teaspoon spicy paprika
- 1/2teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 4-- split chicken breasts, bone-in with skin
- -- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4cup shelled unsalted pistachio nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Combine the olive oil, honey, cumin, cardamom, paprika and chile powder in a large bowl.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the bowl, turning to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in the skillet, skin side up. Cook until browned, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the excess fat from the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast the chicken until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the nuts, tomatoes and cilantro in a small bowl. Serve the chicken garnished with the nut mixture.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Houston, Inc., Peace Meals, a Book of Recipes for Cooking and Connecting (The Junior League of Houston, Inc., 2008)