Chicken with Olive Couscous
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ginger, cardamom
- 4 -- boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 6 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -- canned chipotle chili, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, black pepper, ground ginger
- 2 cups canned reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/4 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers, coarsely chopped
Pre-heat grill pan. (medium-high).
Blend all marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag. Add chicken, coating evenly, and marinate at least 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Add chicken to grill pan and cook 4-5 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, chipotle chili, salt, pepper and ginger. Saute until onions are softened. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add couscous, olives and pine nuts. Cover pan, remove from heat and let sit till liquid is absorbed. Heat jelly, wine and capers in a small saucepan till boiling.
To serve: Mound Couscous onto serving platter. Arrange chicken over couscous. Spoon glaze over chicken. Serves 4.