- Yield 6 servings
To really make this dish special, top this pan-fried fish with toasted almonds and parsley.
- 2 pounds fish fillets (such as trout, snapper, or your favorite)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and paprika in a small, shallow bowl. Dip the fish in buttermilk, then roll in flour mixture and coat well.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat margarine over medium heat and saute fish until lightly brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Do no overcook! Drain on paper towels and serve.