Palikaria Mixed Bean Salad
- Yield 8-10 servings
- Prep 25 mins
A simple Mediterranean and mayo-free twist on the traditional bean salad straight from The Chestnut Street Inn in Sheffield, Ill.
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (15-ounce) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce ) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Boil 3 to 4 cups water in medium saucepan. Season with salt.
- Add lentils and peas and cook about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained lentils and peas with beans, chickpeas, quinoa, green onions and garlic. Add dill, olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
- Season to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Monika and Jeff Sudakov of The Chestnut Street Inn, Sheffield, Ill.