Palikaria Mixed Bean Salad
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- 1/2cup uncooked lentils
- 1/2cup frozen peas
- 1can (15-ounce) red kidney beans, drained
- 1can (15-ounce ) pinto beans, drained
- 1can (15-ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 1cup cooked quinoa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Boil 3 to 4 cups water in medium saucepan. Season with salt.
- Add lentils and peas and cook about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained lentils and peas with beans, chickpeas, quinoa, green onions and garlic. Add dill, olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
- Season to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Monika and Jeff Sudakov of The Chestnut Street Inn, Sheffield, Ill.