Paleo Prosciutto-Wrapped Frittata
- Yield: 12 servings
- 4tablespoons coconut oil or fat of choice, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 5ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack in middle position. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast-iron skillet, and sauté onions with a pinch of salt until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until moisture from mushrooms evaporates. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to a plate to cool.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add coconut milk and coconut flour to beaten eggs. Whisk until batter is thoroughly mixed, then stir in mushrooms and spinach.
- Brush 12-cup muffin tin with remaining 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, and line each cup with layer of prosciutto; cover bottom and sides completely. Spoon frittata batter into each cup, and top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake about 20 minutes, rotating tray from back-to-front halfway through, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait a few minutes before transferring muffins to wire rack to cool.
Recipe from Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong (Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2013)