Paleo Cauliflower and Mushroom Curry
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1large onion, chopped
- 9ounces button mushrooms
- 1pieces fresh ginger, grated
- 1tablespoon ground cilantro
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon garam masala
- 1tablespoon chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 14fluid ounces light coconut milk
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a roasting pan, toss the cauliflower florets in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and season with pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, tossing occasionally until the cauliflower starts to brown. Remove from the oven, and set aside.
- In a wide, shallow pan, fry the onion in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over high heat for 3–4 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and ginger, and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Stir in the spices, and cook for a minute, then add the coconut milk. Season to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in the cauliflower. Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat. Serve with plenty of fresh cilantro.
TIP: If you’d like to make this dish fat-free, simply replace the coconut milk with vegetable stock.
Recipe from The Paleo Diet by Daniel Green (Kyle Books, 2015)
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 326
- Fat 27g
- Saturated Fat 16.5g
- Fiber 5.2g
- Sugars 5.9g
- Protein 9.9g