Paisley’s Wild Blueberry Scones
- 4 cups White Lily self-rising flour
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup Maine wild blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk, or more as needed
- Pour the flour into a large mixing bowl. Scoop out a well in the center. Pour in the whipping cream.
- Fold with wooden spoon until lightly combined. Add the blueberries. Stir until all flour is moistened and dough comes together in a ball. The dough will be very sticky.
- Set the dough ball on a floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to push dough out into a 1/2-inch-thick circle, flouring the pin and top of dough while rolling.
- Cut with a 1-inch biscuit cutter, or cut with a knife into 24-30 square scones.
- Place squares on flour-dusted parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with whipping cream. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake at 425 for about 10-12 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and milk in a small bowl and mix well. Drizzle the mixture over the hot scones.