Paella with Chicken, Shrimp and Clams
- Yield 6 servings
A heady combination of vegetables, chicken, shrimp, and clams.
- 1 -- (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 -- (6-ounce) package saffron rice
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 -- (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 6 -- oven-roasted drumsticks (about 1 pound)
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- 7 ounces surimi seafood, crab- or lobster-flavored, chunk style
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can whole baby clams, drained
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 cup juice. Chop tomatoes; place in a colander and set aside to drain. Combine chicken broth, reserved tomato juice, onion, garlic and oregano in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add rice; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peas, artichoke hearts, chicken, shrimp, surimi seafood and clams; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through.