- Yield 6 servings
This attractive salad of many colrs and textures will convince even the heartiest eaters that a salad can make a satisfying meal.
- 2 -- (5-ounce) packages saffron yellow rice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 -- (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 ounces chopped prosciutto
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Set aside.
- In a samll bowl, mix together vinegar, lemon juice, oil, basil, pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice with shrimp, artichoke hearts, green peppers, peas, tomato, pimientos, red onion and prosciutto, mixing well. Pour dressing over rice mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.