Oyster Rockefeller Dip
- Yield 12 servings
If you’re in the mood for oysters but don’t want to go through the usual hassle of preparing them, take this easy, amazing dip out for a test drive.
- 36 oysters, drained and reserve 1/4 cup oyster liquid
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup fat free Half and Half
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon anise-flavored liqueur or Pernod (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil oysters on a nonstick sheet until they curl. Watch carefully as not to overcook.
- Melt butter in a large pot, then add cooked spinach, parsley, green onions and green pepper and cook for 5 minutes before stirring in half-and-half and milk.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup reserved oyster liquid. Combine with spinach mixture and cook until mixture boils and begins to thicken.