- 36 oysters, drained and reserve 1/4 cup oyster liquid
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1cup fat free Half and Half
- 1cup skim milk
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon anise-flavored liqueur or Pernod (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil oysters on a nonstick sheet until they curl. Watch carefully as not to overcook.
- Melt butter in a large pot, then add cooked spinach, parsley, green onions and green pepper and cook for 5 minutes before stirring in half-and-half and milk.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup reserved oyster liquid. Combine with spinach mixture and cook until mixture boils and begins to thicken.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 99
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 160mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 6g