Overnight Spinach Pasta Salad
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
"For years our family has enjoyed a hot pasta dish with basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil. I decided to use the same basic ingredients to create a cold pasta salad."
- 2cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, coarsely shredded
- 1/2cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- Cook pasta, rinse and drain. Blend olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a food processor. Add to pasta and refrigerate overnight.
- Toss spinach, walnuts, Parmesan and mayonnaise into pasta mixture until well blended. Adjust mayonnaise, salt and pepper to achieve desired seasoning and consistency.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Donna Gallis, Greagle, Calif.