Overnight Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake
- Yield 12 servings
This batter and streusel topped breakfast coffee cake can be prepared and chilled in the pan for up to 18 hours before baking.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare streusel topping, combine sugar, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- To prepare coffee cake, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- To the egg mixture, add flour mixture, alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture until blended.
- Spread batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle streusel topping over the batter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 8 to 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
Bake coffeecake 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Can be served warm or at room temperature.