Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Thyme
- Yield: 8 servings
This is one of the few dishes you can’t prepare ahead. Luckily, it doesn’t take long to make.
- 2pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2teaspoons minced fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch dice and transfer to a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Place baking sheet on upper rack of oven.
- Turn potatoes after 15 minutes. Bake until potatoes are tender and edges are browned, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with thyme sprigs.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg