Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Thyme
- Yield 8 servings
Fresh thyme and the potatoes’ natural sweetness produce crispy and delectable roast potatoes.
This is one of the few dishes you can’t prepare ahead. Luckily, it doesn’t take long to make.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch dice and transfer to a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Place baking sheet on upper rack of oven.
- Turn potatoes after 15 minutes. Bake until potatoes are tender and edges are browned, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with thyme sprigs.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg