Oven Roasted Mushroom and Vegetable Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1large sweet onion, cut into eights
- 1/3cup olive oil, divided
- 1medium zucchini
- 6 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and halved
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons dried basil leaves OR 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1pinch hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl with onion wedges. Add 4 tbsp olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well. Arrange in a single layer on large shallow baking pan and roast uncovered on bottom shelf in 400F oven for 15 minutes; stir and continue to roast for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut zucchini in half lengthwise and then crosswise in 1-inch pieces and place in the same bowl and add tomatoes; toss with remaining olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place tomatoes cut side up on another baking sheet with zucchini and roast in oven with mushrooms for 15 to 20 minutes or until softened and sizzling. Remove vegetables from oven and spoon into large serving bowl.
- In measuring cup combine vinegar, basil, garlic, hot pepper flakes and parsley (if not using fresh basil) and pour over warm vegetables. Toss lightly; serve at room temperature as side dish or on grilled polenta for main course.
- To grill Polenta: Purchase pre-cooked polenta rolls and cut into ½-inch thick rounds or prepare your favorite polenta and chill until firm in square pan and cut out squares. Brush with olive oil and grill, broil orbake until golden brown.
Tip: In barbecue season, place vegetables in shallow metal pans and roast with lid closed.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 180
- Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 10mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 4g