Oven-Poached Salmon with Fennel Thyme Salt
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 20 mins
You can't go wrong with this easy fish method.
This is a great technique to keep fish moist, tender and full-flavored. It couldn’t be simpler. Other fish to consider: haddock, halibut, perch, sea or black bass, and char. Fennel Thyme Salt is available from Didi Davis Food, LLC, www.dididavisfood.com
- 2 pounds salmon fillet, skin on
- Fennel Thyme Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F.Line a baking sheet with sides with tin foil.
- Place salmon in pan, skin side down. Season with Fennel Thyme Salt and pepper. Cover pan with foil, shiny side down, and seal tightly around edges of pan. Cook salmon 20 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Cut into serving portions, and using a spatula, transfer to dinner plates; skin will remain attached to foil. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice. Pass a small bowl of Fennel Thyme Salt for sprinkling.
Recipe courtesy of Didi Davis Food LLC.