Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders
- Yield 6 servings
These chicken tenders are kids' favorites.
- 1 2/3 cups reduced-fat buttermilk baking and pancake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken tenders (chicken strips)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) light stick margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine baking mix, pepper, salt, if using and paprika in a shallow bowl. Dunk chicken tenders in buttermilk and coat with dry mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and drizzle melted margarine on top. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender or lightly browned.