Colorful Orzo Veggies
- Yield 8 servings
Great for potlucks, this simple dish is perfect as a vegetarian entrée or as a side.
Browning the orzo gives it a toasty flavor.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut vegetables, except tomatoes, into bite-size pieces. Place first 5 ingredients (asparagus through zuchinni) in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss well. Roast 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large saucepan. Add orzo and sauté until brown. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add orzo to roasted vegetables. Mix well. Sprinkle pine nuts and cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serves 8.
Recipe by Relish reader Henrietta Jachlewski.
For a complete menu featuring Orzo Veggies, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.