Colorful Orzo Veggies
- Yield: 8 servings
Browning the orzo gives it a toasty flavor.
- 1pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup orzo
- 2cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut vegetables, except tomatoes, into bite-size pieces. Place first 5 ingredients (asparagus through zuchinni) in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss well. Roast 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large saucepan. Add orzo and sauté until brown. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add orzo to roasted vegetables. Mix well. Sprinkle pine nuts and cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serves 8.
Recipe by Relish reader Henrietta Jachlewski.
For a complete menu featuring Orzo Veggies, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 520mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 9g