Orzo Salad with Olives and Zucchini
- Yield 8 servings
Add a delicious Greek flavor to any dish.
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Cook the orzo using package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Combine the orzo, olives, green onions, celery, bell pepper, zucchini and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, dill weed, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until blended. Pour over the orzo mixture. Sprinkle with the cheese and toss gently to coat. Stir in the mayonnaise. Chill, covered, for 3 hours or longer. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of High Point’s Furniture City Feasts(Junior League of High Point Inc., High Point, North Carolina, 2006).