Orzo Pasta with Feta and Dill
- Yield 4 servings
Serve this pasta dish hot with your favorite marinara sauce or chilled or at room temperature over mixed greens.
- 1 (16-ounce) box orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbles*
- Juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
- 1 (2-ounce) bunch dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse the hot cooked pasta with cold water and drain. Place in a large nonreactive bowl. (This may be done the day before serving; cover and refrigerate.) Place broccoli florets in a pan with about 1 inch of water, bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-high, and let cook 5 minutes or until tender. Alternatively, you can place broccoli in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover loosely and microwave on high power 3 minutes.
- Rinse the cooked broccoli in cold water, drain and add to the orzo. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. If using the garlic, heat about 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic and saute about 5 minutes or until golden. Add it along with the remaining ingredients to the orzo.