Orzo Comfort Dish
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4cup canola oil
- 1cup chopped onions
- 1cup chopped celery
- 4-- garlic cloves, sliced
- 1cup orzo (I use tri-colored orzo)
- 2cans (15-ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-- (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1cup baby spinach
- 1teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions, celery and garlic and sauté until transparent.
- Cook orzo according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water. During last 2 minutes of cooking time, add spinach. Drain well in a colander. Add beans, onion mixture and salt, and mix gently until well combined.