Oriental Pork and Walnut Nuggets
- Yield 45 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 4 mins
Thinly sliced pork tenderloin is rolled around a walnut half and then broiled until juicy and done.
- 1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- -- Walnut halves, as needed
- Slice pork across the grain, as thinly as possible. This is easy to do if pork is partially frozen. Slices should be about 1/16-inch thick. In medium bowl, stir together ginger, soy sauce, sherry, sugar and garlic; add pork and marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove pork slices to flat surface. Place a walnut half on each; roll up.
- Put pork nuggets seam side down on broiler pan; broil 4 inches from heat about 4 minutes on one side only.