Oriental Grilled Tofu
- Yield 4 servings
An excellent source of vegetable protein, tofu is high in iron and rich in magnesium. It has almost no taste of its own, but it takes on the flavors of the other ingredients in a recipe.
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons Oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound firm or extra firm tofu cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow container. Add tofu slices in a single layer and let marinate, refrigerated, at least 1 hour or overnight. Grill or broil 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.