- 2-- (11-ounce) packages organic baby spinach
- 1pint fresh blueberries, stems removed and washed
- 1small red onion, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1-- (6-ounce) container crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2cup toasted slivered almonds
- -- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
To prepare vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until well incorporated. Season to taste. Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
To prepare salad: In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, red onion and blueberries. Gently toss with the vinaigrette. Divide the spinach mixture among the serving plates and top each with the crumbled bleu cheese and toasted slivered almonds. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Cotton.