Oreo Ripple Coffee Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- 24-- Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/3cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1-- (16-ounce) package pound cake mix
- 3/4cup water
- 2-- eggs
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 4teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9- or 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Combine chopped cookies, flour, and butter in a medium bowl. Stir in chocolate morsels and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water and eggs. pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 2 cups of the cookie mixture evenly over the batter. Top with remaining batter and cookie mixture, pressing the cookie mixture gently into the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; invert cake. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over cake.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy/Kushner Yeshiva High School’s The Kosher Palette (Livingston, New Jersey 2000).