Orecchiette Pasta with Peas, Parmesan and Mint
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12ounces orecchiette, bowtie or cavatappi pasta
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 2teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cups shelled fresh peas
- 1/2cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4cup minced fresh mint
- 1/2cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 12 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute 4 minutes until lightly browned. Add peas and broth and continue to cook 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta to pan and combine ingredients well. Add mint, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.