Orecchiette Pasta with Peas, Parmesan and Mint
- Yield 4 servings
Fresh peas and mint are a thing of wonder in this vegetarian dinner
- 12 ounces orecchiette, bowtie or cavatappi pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water 12 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute 4 minutes until lightly browned. Add peas and broth and continue to cook 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta to pan and combine ingredients well. Add mint, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.