Orangey Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield 36 servings
The texture of the oats, the zest of the orange, and the sweetness of golden raisins makes this a perfect cookie.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 -- egg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled-oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg, orange juice, and orange zest to the butter mixture and mix well. Mix the flour, baking powder baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Add to the batter and mix well. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet using a spoon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Use an oven mitt to remove the cookies from the oven. Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies to the wire rack with a spatula to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc.’s In the Kitchen with Kids (Nashville, Tn., 2009).