Orange Salsa Tilapia
- Yield 4 servings
A citrusy orange salsa tops perfectly cooked tilapia.
- 1 orange, peeled and all white pith removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, plus more for brushing on fish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tilapia fresh or frozen fillets (4-ounces each), thawed if frozen
- For salsa, slice and roughly chop orange; place orange pieces with all juice into a bowl. Add remainder of salsa ingredients (beans through salt and pepper) and stir. Let salsa stand 30 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- For fish, heat oven to 400F. Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Place fish fillets on baking pan; brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon desired amount of salsa over fish.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids