Orange Roughy Florentine Fettuccine
- Yield 6 servings
Dill, spinach and fish are the perfect combination.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups tightly packed, coarsely chopped fresh spinach (stems removed)
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and immediately add evaporated milk, stirring until well blended. Add dillweed and salt and pepper. Continue stirring over medium heat until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, stirring to mix with sauce. Add orange roughy. Cook over medium heat until orange roughy is done and spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally–but carefully, not to break up the fish.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Serve fish and sauce over pasta.