Orange Rice Pudding with Golden Raisins
- Yield 8 servings
Stash leftovers of this delicious rice pudding after dinner—it's also a satisfying, healthy breakfast the next morning.
- 4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine milk, sugar and rice in a medium slow cooker. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until creamy. Pudding will thicken as it cools. Stir in raisins and orange rind. Before serving, sprinkle with a dusting of nutmeg.
—Recipe by Jean Kressy