Orange-Raisin Passover Puffed Pancake
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons heart-healthy buttery spread
- 1/2 cup heart-healthy buttery spread
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk or water
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place buttery spread in a 9-inch skillet or ovenproof baking dish and place in preheated oven to melt. (A cast iron skillet is best.) Stir together raisins, marmalade and juice in a small bowl and spread in skillet.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until very thick and foamy. Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes more. Beat in milk, matzo meal and extract until well mixed; pour into hot skillet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until very puffed and golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board