Orange-Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Yield: 6 servings
- 12-- chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 6-- oranges, peeled and seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1-- onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-- (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - (if not available, use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 3cloves garlic
- 1/3cup cilantro, chopped
- 1tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves
- 1teaspoon salt
- In food processor, combine orange pieces, onion pieces, chipotle peppers, garlic, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, marjoram and salt. Pulse to make a coarse puree.
- Pour marinade into a large zipper-lock plastic bag, add chicken thighs and seal bag. Shake gently to coat chicken completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- Coat a large, cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Remove chicken from orange marinade, wiping off excess. Preheat skillet over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high, add chicken and cook until nicely browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and finish cooking, about 5 minutes more. Chicken should be cooked through, but still juicy. Serve hot, room temperature or cool.