Orange Jell-O Salad
- Yield 12 servings
A fresh orange salad made with pecans, coconut, and crushed pineapple
"I make this salad for special family dinners and our church fellowship dinners. It's always a favorite dish. It makes a large salad and is really delicious."
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6-ounce) package orange Jell-O or any other gelatin
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1 (12-ounce) container whipped topping
- Pour pineapple and its juice into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in Jell-O until dissolved. Cool.
- Mix in coconut and buttermilk. Add pecans, if desired. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour in bundt pan or ring mold that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Refrigerate until congealed.
—Recipe by Lois Gooch, Princeton, W.V.