Orange Icebox Pie
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1small package orange gelatin
- 1cup hot water
- 1cup sugar
- -- Juice of 1 orange
- -- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1-- (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- -- Finely ground vanilla wafers
- Combine the gelatin and water in a bowl and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the sugar, orange juice and orange zest and mix well. Chill just until beginning to set. Beat the evaporated milk in a bowl until foamy. Fold into the gelatin mixture. Sprinkle ground vanilla wafers over the bottom of a 9×9-inch dish. Pour in the gelatin mixture. Sprinkle with additional ground vanilla wafers. Chill until serving time.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Anne Grimes’ Dumplings ‘N More; Recollections & Recipes (Ayden, North Carolina, 2008).