Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens with Rice Stuffing
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1large orange, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3cups cooked rice
- 6 (1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2cup orange juice
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/4cup cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion, green pepper and bacon over medium-high heat until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in orange pieces and rice.
- Rinse hens with cold water and pat dry. Stuff each hen equally with rice mixture. Place stuffed hens in a large baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, orange juice, honey and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour sauce over hens. Bake 1 hour, or until meat is tender, basting every 20 minutes. If hens brown too quickly, cover with foil. Remove skin and cut in half to serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 455
- Fat 13.6g
- Saturated Fat 3.8g
- Cholesterol 160mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Protein 54g