Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup plain low-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon finely minced, peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1tablespoon minced orange rind
- 1/3cup mild olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, ginger, orange rind and oil. Slowly stir in flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 50 minutes, until a cake tester placed in the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Place 1/4 cup fresh orange juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves.
- When cake is done, let cool in pan 10 minutes. Place cake on a wire rack over a sheet pan. While cake is warm, poke holes in top, pour orange mixture over cake, allowing to soak in.
- Combine powdered sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice, stirring until smooth. When cake is cool, drizzle glaze over top of cake.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 320
- Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 270 mg
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Protein 5g