Orange-Filled French Toast
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- French Toast:
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-- center slices (1-inch thick) King's Hawaiian Bread
- 2cups fresh sliced strawberries
- -- Butter or vegetable oil for frying
- -- Maple syrup, warmed (optional)
- 2-- (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 2teaspoons fresh grated orange rind
- 4teaspoons granulated sugar
Preparation for French Toast
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Pour into 8-inch square dish. Set aside.
- To form a pocket in each slice of bread, use a sharp paring knife to cut through the center of the bottom crust lengthwise.
- Gently open pocket and fill with half of the filling. Press cut edge together. Repeat with other slice.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Grease with butter or oil.
- Carefully dip each side of filled bread in the egg mixture using a spatula to help turn.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Cut each piece of French Toast in half.
- Top with fresh sliced strawberries and if desired, serve with maple syrup.
Preparation for Filling
- Place ingredients in a small bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Set aside.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 400
- Glycemic Load 2.86
- Fat 21g
- Saturated Fat 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 270mg
- Potassium 250mg
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 17g
- Protein 8g
- Trans Fat 1g
- Vitamin A 10%
- Vitamin C 80%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 10%