- Yield: 16 servings
- 1/2cup (1 stick) margarine, at room temperature
- 1cup sugar
- 1large egg
- 1tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup orange juice
- 1/2cup skim milk
- 1 1/2cups chopped fresh cranberries
- 2/3cup chopped dates
- Orange Glaze:
- 1/2cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- To prepare cake: In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and orange rind, beating well. Combine flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice and milk. Stir in cranberries and dates. Pour into bundt pan and bake 40 minutes.
- To prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine confectioners’ sugar and orange juice and cook over low heat until smooth.
- Invert cake onto a serving platter and pour orange glaze over while cake is still hot.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 151
- Fat 2.7g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 131mg