- Yield 16 servings
Freeze cranberries when they are in season so you can make this cake year-round.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- Orange Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 10-inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- To prepare cake: In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and orange rind, beating well. Combine flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternatley with orange juice and milk. Stir in cranberries and dates. Pour into bundt pan and bake 40 minutes.
- To prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine confectioners’ sugar and orange juice and cook over low heat until smooth.
- Invert cake onto a serving platter and pour orange glaze over while cake is still hot.